07 August, 2011

Blind Cetywayo hopes for the festival

by Moses Moreroa

Abraham Cetywayo, 48, a gospel artist who lives in Umtata make a living by singing praises to Jehovah. Cetywayo, born blind, studied keyboard at Umtata Disability Centre at the age of 12. His second album ‘ujehovah’ recently hit the shelves, and was marketed at Grahaamstown National Art Fest

“I believe that I can contribute to the wellness of this country through music. My wish is to be given an opportunity at the Art Fest”, said 48 blind Cetywayo.
Cetywayo is a father to three children and married to Martha who is also partially blind. “I have decided to help my father promote his music because he can not do all stock and travelling by himself”, said Ntombovuyo, first born.

“I am happy to realize the valuable impact on youth. I thought I was just doing this for my family to survive”, Cetywayo.

Cetywayo`s music inspired many young people to engage in community developmental projects that brings awareness that emphasises people to not throw in a towel when days are dark.

“I have also volunteered to distribute his music. His music keeps me kicking and realise that God is alive and helpful”, said Nomvuselelo Ntambo. Ntambo, 20, is one of those who give a helping hand.

No comments: