12 July, 2014

Grahamstown National Arts Festival an Addictive event


Sisonke Mlamla


African Dancers
It has been 40 years now since National Arts Festival has been running in Grahamstown, 14 of the last previous years I have been to the Arts Festival but without noticing the main idea of what is it all about, 2013 when I was working for Rhodes Music Radio (RMR) I started to notice the main aim of this event, till I was part of the Future Journalist Program (FJP) which has opened doors for me to be part of the National Arts Festival, then I knew Fest.. It is not only for rich and advantageous people but for everyone, through my investigations.

I was so fascinated by the Art Galleries, different cultures I mingled with at the Fest, to be psychological opened by the shows I watched like ‘’The Protest’’, intrinsically associated with great musical shows, made me feel attached to African music.
 
People shouldn’t miss this opportunity to be involved in the National Arts Festival it is indeed an Addictive event to be ‘’speaking from experience’’, we must show what we have been born with, ‘’I believe that everybody is born with the power of Art’’. I am proud to say these 14 years of experience has changed my life completely.

The year 2014 has been my best year to be rooted in this event, mostly love to be acknowledged by experiential artists like Desmond Dube, Mutlatsi Mafatshe and others, journalists from all corners of South Africa and across the borders. Grahamstown must take this event to the highest level than it is.

No comments: