10 July, 2009

Memorable moments in Grahamstown



It is hard to believe, but yes after a wonderful moment once again in Grahamstown we have to bid farewell to our respective universities. However, I must say that the winter school at Rhodes has been a prosperous gathering that has captured many memorable moments.


For the first time attending a highly recognised festival, I got to be exposed to a number of opportunities which I have longed to experience. In fact, it gave me a sense of what a festival is. The beauty of this festival is the fact that it was not just a matter of having fun, but a building step towards my career and a platform that shapes it.

I am grateful for the knowledge and skills that I have invested during the winter school and hope that I will always be able to apply them within my studies. This winter school has made me realise my strengths and weaknesses which are hard to recognise back at school.

All thanks to Moagisi for bringing such motivated students together, and Sim who outstandingly trained such a group to explore the beauty and challenges of journalism.

Highway Africa Conference has done great job in initiating such an amazing programme.

Jane Mathebula

No comments: