09 July, 2009

Piercing in G-Town



I made a life altering decision today, to get a second piercing in my ears. Okay so it may not be life altering, but it was the most liberating experience of my life, where I willingly inflicted pain upon myself for the price of beauty.

One of the reasons I have always been reluctant to get a piercing on my own terms (and not on my mothers), was because I was and still am afraid of infections which are life threatening, I mean really losing my ear would surely be a life altering experience. I did however decide to educate myself a little bit on the dangers of piercings, so I feel a little better knowing that if I clean my ears properly, then everything should be just fine.

All in all I am proud of myself for taking the plunge.



Chwayitisa Nandisa Futshane-FJP

No comments: