10 July, 2009

Privileges of being a journalism student





There has been so much that has happened since the National Arts Festival began in Grahamstown. Being part of the Future Journalism Programme has been a privilege for me, because I got an opportunity to come to Rhodes University, Grahamstown not only to see the festival but also to gain experimental learning.

The reason I feel like this is because, getting to experience the festival has opened my eyes a lot and taught me new things. Being able to go to shows and reviewing them, conducting vox pops, was quite a work load but it has been worth while.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone again in September and learning more new ideas. Not forgetting, however to thank Moagisi and Sim for putting up with us and believing that we are capable of doing the best to our abilities.

I would also like to thank Highway Africa for developing such an innovative and useful programme.

Samukelisiwe Makhubo

No comments: