06 July, 2011

Super Tyra




Growing up she used to live in a one-bedroom apartment with her brother and her mother. Over the year she has made herself a brand has become a house hold name. She is a super model, who has a top-rate reality show called Americas next top model, a business woman involve in many ventures and on top of that has the looks to accompany her intelligence and business savvy, and has a cutting style which sets trends all over the world. “She is 10 kilograms heftier than the typical model, and she relishes debunking the glamorous illusion of supermodel.”- Her name is Tyra Banks, and with all that said her present success is inevitable.

This is a woman who inspires me to not just be, but be the best that I can be and be successful no matter what circumstances you have been faced with. On top of that she does not conform to norms and stereotypes set by people. Having become successful she has not become big-headed. She gives back and has not lost her roots of where she comes from.

What I would like to be remembered for in the future just like Tyra is being a women of many strengths and being good at what ever she embarks on. At the same time I want to be able to be remembered as a successful individual who never forgot where she comes from and to give back to the community I grew up in and other worthy causes.

Professionally I want to break stereotypes whether in the work place or in the projects I pursue individually just like Ms Banks. I want to also be a revolutionist in changing the thinking of those around me, exposing them to different ideas.

Hard work pays and just like Tyra and everything she has now acquired, she has worked long hours and very hard for what she has. The future me will carry the ethic of hard work and apply it in all I do for as long as I live because it does pay off.

I want to become an international figure who is known and recognised for her intelligence and has used it to her advantage. Like her I want more and have drive but most of all I want to be remembered for having humility even when I have become successful.

By: Nokwazi Khumalo


2 comments:

C Mthembu said...

girl i also admire tyra banks not because we have something incommon,the skinny legs, but i remember one day she was saying on the show that if you are a women always know that you beautiful regardless of the colour of your skin or weight. and during the time i was recovering from the injuries from the accident and my nerves on the left side of my face were injured so my right eye looked bigger than the other,i couldnt smile properly or speak properly it was hard to pronounce some words and tyra wangsiza.

Nokwazi said...

I LIKE THE WORDS OF BEING BEAUTIFUL REGARDLESS OF YOUR WEIGH BUT SOMETIMES IT IS HARD TO ACCEPT WHAT ONE SEE IN THE MIRROR. WHEN DID YOUR ACCIDENT HAPPEN? HOPE YOU HAVE MADE A SWIFT RECOVERY.